NEW! Virtual competition
YGP will launch virtual competitions this season for students who cannot travel.
Please note: If YGP Romania cannot organize a live competition due to Coronavirus or theater closures occur, YGP will organize a virtual contest on the same dates as the regional.
The location will be canceled. This virtual competition will be tried by the same judges who have been scheduled for the live competition and will be submitted online. Any tax differences will be refunded.
UPLOAD VIDEO FILES:
To send video, you will be asked to use the same YAGP media platform as your music referrals in recent years Please read the instructions below to use the media platform.
- Video format must be in MP4 (mpeg4)
- Dancers have to upload a video with solo / s. This video can be in any category you want to participate
- OPTIONAL !: You can load 2-3 work combinations to class. Barre-Adagio, Center-Adagio with turns, jumps: Diagonal/over floor: Glusade-grand jete (chat saaut) x 3 times. Men add: single or double tours, in the studio, preferably. If you have to do it at home, then just make a small allegro jump.
- Please note: All filming must be in the last 6 months. Solos can be made with or without suit and either in a classroom or on a scene.
- YGP will launch the virtual competition date and all records will be streamed and tried by a panel of judges.
- Courses with the YGP jury will take place after each semi-final event, to be set closer to the date.
- Please note: Dancers can join these Zoom courses in their studios or their homes (depending on safety and health conditions).
Video loads assembly
When signing up, each school must load the video as required.
Video of the ensemble – if we cannot hold a live challenge.
Please note: Assembly filming cannot exceed 6 months.
Please note: Once you have uploaded the video, you can continue to update it until you replace it on the charging platform. We recommend that you have the most up-to-date records possible.
CREATE AN YAGP ACCOUNT:
Caution! Participants who first create this account:
You will receive an email inviting you to create and activate your personal account on the media platform YAGP 30 days before the competition. Please note that this account will also remain valid in the future for ANY YAGP locations you participate in. Therefore, it is important to keep account information so you can log in in the future.
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW THAT WILL BE REQUIRED TO SEND YOUR VIDEO AND MUSIC FILES IN A SIMILAR WAY, BUT IN DIFFERENT FOLDERS.
If you have problems that you cannot solve with the guide, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click THE ACTIVATE ACCOUNT button. You will be taken to the first page where you will be prompted to create your password-protected account. Once you have properly created your account, you will receive an email confirming your account.
- You can now enter your personal media upload space by entering your registration, email, and password that you sent when creating your account.
- In your personal space, on the left, go to FOLDERS> FOLDERS SHARED. In this particular case, please click on the folder called “VIDEO”. In this folder you can access a location-specific video upload space, each divided into categories: Ensembles/solo, classic/contemporary, junior/senior/pre-competitive, etc.
NOTE: Video files will only be loaded if an online edition is made.
EXAMPLE: If you want to send a video file for a senior participant who will perform a classic solo in the competition in Bucharest, simply click DIVIDED FILES, select THE VIDEO folder (ALL COUNTRIES, ALL STATES), then find the Bucharest folder, then find the folder SolMOS, then the FOLDER SENIOR and, Finally, THE CLASSICAL folder.
THE NAMES OF THE MEDIA FILES
Please note that the video files must be renamed BEFORE uploading them to the system.
Please name the video files as follows:
Venue – Category – classical / Contemporary – full dancer name (age) – entry title – duration
Example: Bucharest – Junior- Classic- Jane Doe (14) – variation from Paqiat – 2min30.
Venue – Overview – School name – entry Title (Top position)
Example: Bucharest – Great Assembly – My ballet School – Torn (2nd)
This is particularly important because in the case of virtual competition, The information will be used to titrate your tracks during broadcast and broadcast, YAGP is not responsible for spelling – it is taken directly from your title.
How to name the video with optional class combinations:
Please ensure that you comply with this designation:
Class work – venue – Dancer 1 and first name (age)
Example: Class – Denver – Jane Doe (14)
Once your account is created and the video files are correctly named, you can now upload your file to the folder. This can be done in two ways:
– drag and drop the video from your computer directly to the final folder you now have open to your personal space. A load bar will indicate the progress of the load. When it reaches 100%, charging is complete. It’s that simple! If you need to upload multiple files, you can do this by selecting all of them at the same time, then dragging and dropping them to the folder. The files will automatically wait and load one after the other.
– OR click Browse files and locate the correct video file you want to upload to THIS CATEGORY/LOCATION on your computer. Click open to upload the file. The load bar will indicate the progress of the load. When it reaches 100%, the charge is complete. If you need to upload multiple files to the folder, you can do this by selecting all of them at the same time, and then clicking open to upload the files. The files will automatically wait for the queue, and load one after the other.
EDIT / DELETE VIDEO INPUTS:
If you need to delete files:
- Simply go to where you sent the files you want to delete, check the box in front of the title file, and then click the trash can icon to delete. You will then be able to replace the file. Please make sure that you do not load a replacement file before you delete the old one.
If you need to rename files:
- Simply go to the place where you sent the files you want to rename, place your cursor over the heading you want to change, click the pencil icon to the left of the heading, and rename the file. Please do not delete the file extension (.mp4, .wmv, etc.) when you rename the file.
- Please note that in your personal space you can view and read only YOUR OWN FOLDERS if you’ve uploaded yourself.
- Please note that in some web browsers, some files will not be read directly on the site.
It would be good if you could play the files on your computer’s media player before sending them so we can access them.
Please do not create any folders, just upload files to the already existing folder.
NEW! Age divisions
- The Senor age Division: 15 – 20 (NEW! To help students who could not find professional placement this year as a result of the coronavirus pandemic; the Division will be extended to include dancers aged 20)
(born from 2 january 2001 to 1 january 2006)
- Junior age Division: 12 to 14 years
(born from 2 january 2006 to 1 january 2009)
- Pre-competitive age Division: 9-11 years
(born from 2 january 2009 to 1 january 2012)
Pas de Deux, Duets, small and large ensembles:
To find the average, add the age of all dancers and divide it into the number of dancers in the entry. The final number must be between 9 and 20.
Please note: It is encouraged that the couples Pas de Deux where the dancer is under 14 years old are only engaged in “par terre” partnership, without rising above the shoulder level.