YAGP COVID-19 Update
YAGP takes the health of our dancers, their families, teachers, judges, and staff very seriously, and we are taking the necessary preventative measures to ensure that you and your family stay safe. We are keeping a watchful eye on COVID19 developments and will continue to update you via our website.
Preventative Measures We Are Taking
We have taken the necessary precautions to create a safe, healthy environment for our participants and will continue to apply the preventative measures outlined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please read on to learn about the steps we are taking to ensure your safety.
- All Awards Ceremonies will be conducted virtually this year to avoid the health risks.
- All Master Classes will be conducted online this season to avoid the health risks. Class with YAGP judges will take place either 1-2 weeks before or after each semi-final event, to be determined closer to the date. Students from the same school may gather in their independent studios to join us for their assigned classes. Classes will be assigned by age and category, just as if they were being held in person.
Each location will have:
- temperature check upon entry
- tape on the floor indicating the flow of the event
- tape every 6 ft to show the line to the registration desk
- hand sanitizer stations throughout the venues
- smaller groups for each open stage
- the surfaces in all the dressing rooms and bathrooms will be sterilized every 2 hours
- limited or no house seating – depending on the venue and local conditions
- all events will be live-streamed
We will ask you to:
- come to the theater with your hair and makeup ready
- all dancers: please wipe down your personal place in the dressing room (wipes will be provided)
- all dancers: please wipe down any barres that you use in the theater (wipes will be provided)
- anyone in the venue must wear a face mask unless they are dancing onstage
- please stay home if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who is feeling unwell
Thank You for Your Support and Patience
We’d like to personally thank each and every participant and their families for their support and patience during this challenging time. If you have any questions or concerns and would like to stay informed on COVID-19 updates or learn more about preventative measures you can take to keep you and your family safe, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.